(Youth Effectively Transitioning to Independence)
Dear YETI Participants,
It is with a very heavy heart that we must announce the postponement of YETI due to growing concerns about the coronavirus. We are devastated to have to make this decision but we know it’s the right one. We have already heard from a few attendees that have been forced to cancel but we know many more cancellations are likely to occur soon.
Here are some important pieces of information that you need to know:
- YETI is postponed to Thursday, Dec. 3 – Sunday, Dec. 6. We understand that this may not be the most ideal time to host a YETI but the facility at which YETI is hosted is so well known in Oregon that it is fully booked through the fall.
- Since all airline tickets were purchased locally and were supposed to be reimbursed by HFO (name changing to PNWBD – Pacific Northwest Bleeding Disorder) at YETI, we ask that you change your flights to the corresponding December dates. It is understood and expected that there could be change fees associated with changing your flight to December. Please clearly state that this is as a result of coronavirus concerns, many airlines are taking that into consideration when considering change and cancellation fees. If you have challenges with that please contact us at email@example.com. Fingers crossed everyone is able to change flights without fees.
- If you are no longer able to attend because of other commitments, we apologize and totally understand. This was completely out of our control – we truly are so sorry it turned out this way.
- If you know of people who were previously not able to attend because of other commitments in April, please share the new dates with them and encourage them to contact us. We will be sending out more information to those not currently registered encouraging them to apply.
- Those registered will remain registered for the December dates unless you contact us and let us know that you will not be attending. We look forward to seeing you!
- On a more positive note, you can now start planning for YETI Conference 2021! Our tentative dates are April 15-18, 2021, so mark your calendar now!
- Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you so much for your understanding and patience as we navigate these unique circumstances. This community is resilient, and we know this year’s YETI Conference will only improve as a result of this
Madonna McGuire Smith
Executive Director, PNWBD
April 2nd – April 5th, 2020
YETI Travel Rules:
Flights are to only be bought once you receive an approval letter from the YETI team at HFO. Try to keep flights under 500, but contact HFO if that is not possible. All flights will be reimbursed upon arrival to YETI.
If a teen (under 18) is coming to YETI from your chapter, we ask that someone over 18 travel with them.
HFO is inviting three people from each location. Those attending should include:
- one adult responsible for teen programming who is representing the bleeding disorder chapter (either staff member or volunteer)
- one staff member from their local HTC, also responsible for teen programming.
(If you have any issues getting an HTC representative- contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- one teen (ages 14 – 20 – not yet 21 years old) to attend the teen program offered through YETI – this will allow the teens to experience an Oregon teen weekend and help the team to develop a stronger local program. It is not required that a teen attend but it is recommended that each location bring a teen leader.
The team approach helps to make the implementation of a local teen program much more successful.
**It is mandatory that the team is composed of a chapter representative and an HTC representative, it is not mandatory that a teen representative participate from each location. HFO will follow up on all registrations and if the applicants do not meet the team requirements described above, you will potentially jeopardize your participation at YETI.